Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Dyno for Drag 3

  1. #21
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    I am a person who ran 13.80 on Street Tires on a 6 psi JRSC kit smile

    guess that is dessert wink
    Will

  2. #22
    Inactive Member hybridturboGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2000
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    yep..13's are easy on street tires and 7 psi as long as you can drive it .. you won't be able to use first gear pretty much ..

    hey Kevin .. about your LS1 .. geezus ..if honda's only had freakin 300 lbs of torque ... stock too!! haha.. its just funny how much those torque those cars make

    ------------------
    turbob18C'd firstgenGSR

  3. #23
    1fstGSR
    Guest 1fstGSR's Avatar

    Post

    hehe yeah I remember when they said that the stock cars made 305HP, yeah right =) Only 10 HP loss to the wheel sheesh!!!

    ------------------
    13.24 on a smokin' motor can't be bad!?!



  4. #24
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Talking

    Looks like we got ourselves a 13-sec street tire club here. Cool. biggrin

    What size were those slicks Kevin? I'll e-mail ya, or better yet, holler at ya on Yahoo! Pager in a little bit.

  5. #25
    Kevin
    Guest Kevin's Avatar

    Post

    Actually JrCivic, Mark owns a badass turbo GSR. I own the badass Z28.

    Just for referance, my Z28 out weighs my integra by a little under 700 lbs. However, I make up for that disadvantage by producing 140-150 ft/lbs more torque than my buddy Marks car does smile

    It all works out in the end smile

    ------------------
    1998 GSR(sold)
    14.059 @ 99.37
    2000 LS1 Z28
    -dynoed(stock) 296.3hp & 314.3ft/lbs to the wheels
    www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603


  6. #26
    Kevin
    Guest Kevin's Avatar

    Post

    Oh yea, Mark, those slicks are 22x8x15. I have them mounted on a pair of lightweight Kosei K1 racing wheels. This combo is badass, VERY light. They also have a smaller than stock diameter, so when you run through the traps in fourth, you will be in the fatter part of your power band.

    more rpms = higher trap speed = smilehappy time slip smile

    I don't think shipping will be that bad, you aren't THAT far from me. Plus I'll give 'em to ya for peanuts. I just want to get them out of my garage.

    Nothing scares away Mustangs quicker than 12 second time slips hahahaha!

    ------------------
    1998 GSR(sold)
    14.059 @ 99.37
    2000 LS1 Z28
    -dynoed(stock) 296.3hp & 314.3ft/lbs to the wheels
    www.geocities.com/motorcity/lane/4603



    [This message has been edited by Kevin (edited January 14, 2000).]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member hybridturboGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2000
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    haha .. that look they give me when i pull on them really is almost as good as sex .. haha.. i like that one .. some domestic drivers just deserve it so much with all the crap they talk when they see my car in the "big boys" lane's .. not to say that all domestic owners are dicks...

    and the point about the torque being a big equalizer in the power/weight ratio is a good one ... what more is there to be said than 13's stock on street tires .. can't F$%K with that!

    ------------------
    turbob18C'd firstgenGSR

  8. #28
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yipee !!! I am in the club... try a 13.26 at 108 mph on STREET tires. With all of this talk about V8 muscle vs. Import Hustle, don't forget the other equally important factor in the simple "Go Fast" formula: WEIGHT !!! Marc's bad ass Z-28 may out power you by 70-80 horses, but he also outweighs the average GSR by about 800 pounds !!! He needs that extra power to pull his car around equally.

    Did I mention how wonderful it is to view that "Wide-eyed, mouth dropped, what-the-hell just happened look" on the faces of many Z28/Mustang/C5 Corvette owners as a little black Civic 3DR slowly pulls away from them... it is almost as good as sex.

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.88 at 110 mph

  9. #29
    MarkC
    Guest MarkC's Avatar

    Post

    Ahhhh... You mixed us up JRCivic. Ooooooo the blasphemy! I feel so violated for being accused of owning a Z28! LOL......j/k

    Hey Kevin. Don't let go of those slicks. I'll give you a holler on Yahoo! Pager next time I see you online.

    ------------------
    Mark - Darth Boost - Turbo Mafia
    98 Pearl Black GS-R, DRAG Gen. 3 Turbo
    13.8 at 107MPH (Ugh... street tires)

  10. #30
    Inactive Member GSR-98's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Do anybody know where i can find other Dynos?
    ...like, before and after turbo ,stock GSR etc...

    Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •